Finnish Museum of Refrigeration
The Finnish Museum of Refrigeration was founded in Antverkka, at
small town of Ylöjärvi 23.2.1986. In the beginning the
museum was housed at an attic of old cowshed. The new part of the
museum was built 1992. It made possible to exhibit larger items.
On summer 2012 museum is open on June 3rd, July 1st, August 5th and September 2nd at 12:00- 16:00.
|Children 7-15 years
|Children younger than 7 years have freen entrance.
The fee includes a guided tuor in the museum, coffee service with coffee bread and guiding to the neighbouring St Michaels Chapel. There is no admission fee to the chapel.
For a long time the museum was owned by its founder, Dr. In Technology
h.c. Paavo V. Suominen. He donated the museum with all its contents
to the Foundation of Finnish Museum of Refrigeration in the year
The purpose of the museum is to serve, not only the professionals
and the business sector of the industry of refrigeration, but all
people interested in the subject on man made cold. It is the only
museum of its kind in Finland.
We also welcome groups of 10-60 persons.
Further inquires and prices:
Refrigeration special museum 20 years
The Finnish Museum of Refrigeration celebrated its 20th birthday
in 2006. The "grand old man and refrigeration specialist",
Dr. in Technology h.c. Paavo V. Suominen founded the Museum in Ylöjärvi
Finland in 1986. Dr. Suominen has collected old refrigeration machines,
refrigerators and other refrigeration material since 1946. In the
year 2004 the Museum was protected by a foundation and the history
of refrigeration business was secured.
- Read more.